Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Notable backpacking websites

Over the past two years I've been planning to hike the PCT and I am finally getting close to my departure. During the time while I was stuck inside I spent a good deal of my free time online reading articles and blogs.  Here are some of my favorite places to learn about backpacking on the internets.


Trail Groove
This is an online backpacking and hiking magazine that gives you some really useful reviews about the best and lightest backpacking gear. Besides reviews on gear it has loads of useful information and the formatting of the magazine makes it pleasant to read.



Section Hiker
If you are looking for a place to get reviews on gear this is and great place to check out.  He has a comprehensive list of gear and manufacturers that are outside the realm of REI which is refreshing..




Brian Green
Brain has a very useful blog with tons of great articles. He focuses on a lot of different things like cooking, food, knives, shelters tips… that are very useful while learning more about packing light.



Backpacking North
This is another great site to learn more about lightening up your pack and much more.



Sticksblog
Chad has a informative site that gave me a lot of great ideas. He has a ton of videos on his Youtube page that are definitely worth checking out.




Clever Hiker
Dave has made a simple site that has all the information you need to know about long distance hiking and his Youtube channel in probably the best on the web for those who want to learn the basics about hiking “clever”.



Hike Lighter
If you need to research what gear to get and learn some tips about lightening your load this is the sight to go to.

There are a lot more sites out there that I didn't mention because I forgot to add them or I haven’t discovered them yet. If you have any recommendations place feel free to leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment