Thursday, April 16, 2015

Day one

April 17th, 2015

I woke up this morning and I was feeling a little bit sick, dehydrated and my face was swollen. I was out of water so I went to town and asked the fire department where I could find a water faucet. Then they were nice enough to invite me inside and use the refrigerated water dispenser. Then I got on the road and started walking south to the Mexican border.
On the way a car stopped and asked me if I wanted a lift. I jumped in and I met two people were a couple that hiked the entire PCT in 2011. They were very nice and here we are at the Pacific Crest Trail Monument near Mexico. 



Then I started to walk back north  on the PCT back towards Campo. On the way I started to feel pretty nauseous and as the sun hits the side of my face my swelling started to become worse. I think one of the reasons I felt sick is because I haven't been able to eat as much and I've been taking antibiotics. So instead of continuing on the PCT I went back to Campo to buy some ice and try to get the swelling down.
 I went to town and bought a 7 pound bag of ice. Then I found a shady spot with a water faucet and benches behind the railroad museum in Campo to recover a little more. Now I am waiting until I feel a little bit better before I do the first 20 mile section.  I hope I will be able to eat more so I can hike but now I'm really not feeling 100 %. But I'm very thankful for the kindness of the people here in Campo. 



No comments:

Post a Comment