Sunday, April 19, 2015

Recovering and going north

April 19th and 20th, 2015
After I rested for a little bit I went to Mount Laguna and stop by the outfitter to chat to some hikers and locals. I saw a hiker name Pillsbury,  a hiker I met on the trail while section hiking last year. I briefly talked to her and then talk to a local guy about hiking in the area. He was very nice and told me all about his family and about the trails in the area and about anything on it his mind. 
After this I decided to try to find some food so I went to the general store. When I went in everything was way overpriced. I was going to buy a little bit of cheese but it was five dollars for a very very small piece. So I decided to go to the restaurant instead and order some food to go. I ordered a couple of things and was resting on the couch while I was waiting for my order and the chef came out and told me I couldn't sleep there and tried to get me out. I told him I was just waiting for my order and would leave as soon as I got it. So after a little bit it came up I went to the RV camp. Ate some then packed up and started moving on. 

 I hiked into the night to the next campsite about six or seven miles up the trail and when I went to camp I couldn't find water anywhere. Luckily somebody was up at around 9 o'clock and I asked him. He told me where it was so I filled up my water bottles and went to sleep. When I woke up the next morning I drank a lot of water and started to pack up and head out. I went back to where the water was, only to see a spicket and a sign saying that it was non-potable water for horses only. I just hoped that this water wouldn't  make me sick. Then I talked to a trail angel for a while, he offered me some coffee which was very nice and told me about the water up the trail. I packed up cleaned up, wash my shirt, and started at around 10 AM. 



There's a lot of exposure and no shade on the trail but there were occasional winds that felt really nice. The warm spots, not so nice. At this point I basically was feeling better so I walked all day and  got to this humongous valley that was very flat and very exposed. But it was very beautiful seeing all the stars at night. I was gonna keep walking and then I ran across the trail magic. A cooler full of water that wasn't cold but a pleasant surprise because I was rationing water. I grab some and decided to camp. Overall a much better day and finally making some progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment