Monday, June 1, 2015

Meeting my family

June 1st and 2nd, 2015

I woke up the next morning and only had about 16 miles to go before I got to the trail head to meet my mom. I still had to go over Bishop pass which was a little over 11000 feet.


 I was still a little worn down from last night but I managed to start trudging up the trail. It was a long hard hike up to the top of Bishop Pass. I was running late and didn’t have any cell service. As I went down the trail I met a guy and asked if I was a Thru hiker. I told him that I was and he told me that my mom was waiting in the parking lot and was going to wait until 10pm. It was about five o’clock so I was in the clear to make it before then. It seemed that the other thru hiker wanted some company but I kept on moving because I didn’t want my mom waiting there all night.  Before no time I made it and went down to Bishop and got some food. Then before long it was getting late so we stopped at a hotel in Bridgeport for the night.


We were supposed to pick up my sister at the airport at 4 PM and it took all day driving to get back to the greater Sacramento area.  Once we were there I went to an REI and got new trekking poles and a few other things.  After I was finished doing that we went and picked up my sister at the airport. She was there with three huge bags filled with backpacking gear and other stuff for work.  
After that we went down to Auburn to get sushi at a local Japanese restaurant. Then by the time we got home it was around seven or eight PM.  Then I spent the night trying to organize my things, use the computer, and get ready to go back on the trail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment