Thursday, June 18, 2015

Going up to Squaw Valley

June 18th, 2015



Got up the next morning and started hiking up back towards the trail.  I was finally getting closer to squaw Valley which meant that it was finally cooling off a little bit.  After a couple miles of hiking I got to series of logging roads again. I looked at my map and started going in the direction that the trail was suppose to be but it turned out not to be the trail. Because of the poor quality of the maps that I got off the Western States Trail website I decided to trust my instincts and make sure I was going in a direction that makes sense. This meathead seemed to work the best for this trail and I eventually got back to a path that was fairly well traveled (and by well traveled I just followed the bear and mountain lion prints).


By evening I got to Granite Chief wilderness which was one of the nicest areas yet. Shortly after this I made it to the top of the trail near Squaw Valley. Coming over the mountain and into the ski resort the temperature droped all of a sudden. It got really windy after this I was feeling a little bit sick. I got down to a stream filled my water and then set up camp for the night. 







No comments:

Post a Comment