Thursday, June 4, 2015

Heading back up the trail

June 3rd and 4th, 2015

I had a nice visit with my sister but it was very short. I only spent one night at home and then by the next day we were driving six hours back towards Bishop, California. While I was home I scrambled to try to get everything organized,  get my pictures off my camera and repair some gear. Of course all this stuff took a little longer that expected but I ended up getting everything done.
By late afternoon we were on our way going back towards Tahoe and then down we headed south on Highway 395 towards Bishop. By the time we got to Bishop it was already getting dark so my sister, my mom and I got a hotel in Bishop and spent the night there. 
The next morning we got up had some breakfast and drove to Southlake.  While we were driving back to the trail head it was getting a little stormy and even snowed a couple of times on our way up the road.


We ended up getting back to the trail. Then my sister and I started hiking up towards Bishop pass which is about 5 miles from Southlake. At the top of Bishop Pass there was a lot of snow and like always we a had to do a little post holing  which was not fun. Near the top of the pass we found a bear canister and my sister grabbed it. Shortly after this I said goodbye and I started to hike back towards the Pacific Crest Trail. But my sister decided to postpone her flight and was planning to meet me in a couple days at Reds Meadows resort and do a short section of the trail with me. 
Once I got back on the PCT it was already late afternoon and I started heading up north towards Muir Pass. I hiked until about dark and then found a place to camp. While I was setting up camp the clouds looked a little ominous so I set up my shelter. The right when I was finished it started snowing for a couple hours. I was warm and tired and fell asleep while listening to the snow come down. 




No comments:

Post a Comment