Monday, June 8, 2015

Red's Meadows

June 7 and 8th, 2015
I got up in the morning feeling really really tired. I think that all that walking in the rain took a toll on my body. It took me a little longer than usual to pack up but I eventually got back on the trail groggy and tired.

By the afternoon I was feeling better mainly because the weather was getting better. The sun was shining bright and it was getting warmer. The rest of the day was uneventful.  I hiked and took some pictures then set up camp for the night.



I woke up the next day with about 15 miles to go before I get  Reds Meadows (a small resort with a store and a restaurant about a mile away from the PCT). Here I was going to meet my sister and hike with her for a bit. I packed up and got going. I made good time and I was at Red's Meadows by the afternoon. I called my sister and she was still at my mom's house which was about six hours away so I got a ride down to Mammoth City to go supermarket and get some food. I got some food and did my best to replenish much needed calories. By about 930pm my sister made it to Mammoth City and picked me up. After this we went back to Red's Meadows and spent the night there.  





No comments:

Post a Comment