Friday, June 19, 2015

The end of the Western States Trail

June 19th





I got up the next morning and to the sound of trucks and helicopters. There was a lot of construction going on and it was good motivation to get going and get off the mountain. 
The trail was semi-nice but there's a lot of chairlifts /roads.  There were a bunch of wild flowers which made up for all the other stuff.

I got down to the village and was among all the weekend warriors. Many nicely dressed people who made me feel a little out of place. I got some food and then my mom eventually came and picked me up and we drove back down the mountain into the heat. Once I got back I was pretty beat so I did a lot resting and a little bit of work. I also got my maps for the CDT. So I was more aware of all the planning and preparation that is involved with thru-hiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment