Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Another Rattlesnake

May 11th and 12th, 2015


When I got up next morning I hiked down to the fire station where the water cash. After that hike down the canyon it got very dry and hot. 
As I kept going walked passed what I thought was a stick but after turning around I realized it was a new rattlesnake. It was about a foot from the trail and was darker than the last rattlesnake I saw. I took some pictures and then I tried to crouch down to take a picture from a new angle. When I did this it started going up the mountain sideways. At the same time it started coiling up like it was going to strike. So I gave it some space and kept walking.


I got down to a KOA campground where you can do your laundry, take a shower, and buy food from a little store. After I did all that it was getting dark but I figured I would push on to Agua Dulce. I didn't make it all the way there and camped out at Vasques Rock Park. 

The next morning I woke up and walked around and took some pictures. It is pretty cool place. It seemed like it was similar to the deserts in Utah versus what I've seen in California so far. 
After that I made it to Agua Dulce and I got some some breakfast. Then I went to the supermarket to resupply. I packed up and started walking down the road which was part of the trail. After about 4 miles of road walking and I got to the trail. 
The trail was in this canyon for a long time and a little boring. While I was walking I met a couple runners on the trail and I was surprised that they knew where Auburn, CA and Foresthill was. They were familiar with the Western States hundred mile run which goes right next to my old house. They were very talkative friendly people. After this I walked up the trail about 8 more miles and camped out.

No comments:

Post a Comment