Saturday, May 23, 2015

Kennedy Meadows

May 23rd, 2015

My goal today was just to get to Kennedy Meadows and get my package. I hiked all day and finally got to the point where I got to a road. Then I saw was a sign that said Kennedy Meadows store .8 miles. I walked up the road and got to the store. It was cold and rainy most the day and all the hikers were inside and next to a fireplace. There must of been more than 50 hikers in and around the store. A lot of the people I talked to started in March or in the beginning of April. 


I talked to some people and then asked owner of the store if he had a restaurant or some food. He said he didn't but there was one up the road. He called s number and a guy came in a lifted Chevy pickup truck full of hikers in the bed of the truck and gave me a ride a couple miles up the road to the restaurant.

I ordered some food and sat down and ate some food. After finishing my dinner  I asked the owner if I could camp somewhere in the back of the restaurant. He said, "I don't give a shit." So I went out and found a place far from the road to camp. 




No comments:

Post a Comment