Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Hikertown

I woke up today and everything was wet. I camped on top of a mountain top and during the night it got cloudy and created a lot moisture and made all my stuff really damp which is surprising for the desert. 
After that I did a short hike down to a Ranger station got water and food and then I ran into a hiker named Lloyd. He's a hiker that is around 45 and used to work at a sawmill. We talked about the next section of the trail which was closed because of a fire that happened in 2013. The only way to get around this section was to do a 14 mile road walk or hitch hike. 
Lloyd and I decided to start walking. After about 4 miles a Dodge Ran pulled over and offered us a ride to Hiker Town which is a hostel that is basically on the trail. The driver knew a little bit about the area and he said the trail was closed down to that point. Once we got there I talked to other hikers about the trail closure. They said that there's a section of the trail that is still open that we passed up and it was very nice. 
So I talked to some people and found somebody to take us to a dirt road where we can walk another 3 miles to campground were we could get back to the trail. After a couple of hours Lloyd and I got a ride to this section of the trail which is about 20 miles backwards. It was almost 4 o'clock by the time we got somewhere up the trail. Then it was getting dark shortly so I found a place to camp and called it a night.




Oh and made it to mile 500.

No comments:

Post a Comment