Friday, May 22, 2015

Drinking uranium water

May 21st and 22nd, 2015

I got up that morning happy because I had so much food from the market yesterday. But I still didn't have a lot of water. So kept on walking and I was gonna get my water at this place called Joshua Trees spring. When I got there there were signs everywhere saying do not drink this water it's not safe. 
I got to the spring and it looked good so I started filtering it. Then I looked into my guidebook and read about the water and it said it had been tested for having trace amounts of uranium in it but hikers choose to drink the water anyway. Since I was thirsty and there wasn't water for another 17 miles I decided to drink it.  The water was surprisingly good and so I walked up the trail. After this there was nothing very special so I just ended up setting up camp and going to sleep


Got up and the day turned out to be fairly uneventful. It was very cold and rainy.  As I walked I  just tried to stay warm and dry. My hands got a little cold and wet but I kept on going and made it to the 700 mile mark which is very close to Kennedy Meadows and it's set up camp then went to sleep.





No comments:

Post a Comment