Monday, May 18, 2015

The final stretch in the litter box


May 17th and 18th, 2015


I got up and started hiking up the mountain. It was a cool day but the climb was tough because my backpack was weighed down with food and water. I made it to the first spring and talked to some hikers while eating some snacks then packed up and camped up the trail. 




When I woke up it was super foggy and a bit chilly.  There were lots of trees around and I was thinking that I was finished with the desert but after filling up 5 liters of water and going over a mountain I discovered that there was a lot more desert to walk through. I didn't make it as far as I thought I would because of the trail was mostly sand and that slowed me down some. I camped for the night worrying a little bit about my water. I had 3 liters left but I still had 30 miles to go.











No comments:

Post a Comment