Saturday, May 9, 2015

Going back up the mountain

May 9th, 2015
Next morning I got up and it wasn't clear very cloudy very foggy but looks like the snow stopped. I packed up and started hiking back up the mountain to 8000 feet from 6000. 
      

Going up the mountain was a little difficult because there's still a lot of snow on the trail but not as much as I thought. I had to be really careful not to slip because I think it would be a little difficult to stop sliding if I start going down the mountain. 

As I got further on it was nice because there were some hikers finishing up and they were giving out free hotdogs candy and soda. After a quick break I start walking up the trail and everything started to get better. There was less snow and the clouds were coming over the mountain giving me some beautiful views.


As I walked further down the trail I got to point where I kept on crossing highway and on the bottom of the highway there was some pieces of a motorcycle on the trail. The highway was about 100 feet above the trail. The next day I talk to some hikers and that were a couple hours ahead of me and they saw a guy and his motorcycle on the trail. They said he was cold and probably was dead for some time. They called the ambulance and they came and put him in a body bag. It was possible that the clouds coming over the mountain made it hard to navigate the road and he went off the cliff. I kept on hiking and passed the 400 mile mark.

Then got some water and hiked a little bit more. I found a place to camp and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment