Saturday, May 16, 2015

Hungry Critter in the night

May 16th, 2015
I woke up this morning and started packing up camp and I noticed my trekking pole looked a little little strange.  I looked at it closer and it looked like some type of rodent chewed off my strap. I looked at my other stuff and what ever it was chewed up the side pocket of my backpack. Neither one of those things had food in it but I'm guessing what ever it was liked the salt from my sweat. It was cold and windy night so luckily I use my food bag has a pillow so it didn't get into that. 



After packing up. I hiked through endless wind farms and then hitchhiked to Tahachappi.

I ended up getting a ride into town I went to the supermarket. On the way into the store I met a guy name Mitchell and he offered to take me back to the trail later that night. After getting my food and repairing my backpack he drove me back up to the trail.  Then I hiked up the mountain a little bit to find a place to camp. 


No comments:

Post a Comment