Friday, May 15, 2015

Leaving Hikertown and going into the desert

May 14th and 15th, 2015
I got up the next morning and it was cold and cloudy. While I was packing up it snowed briefly and then started to rain. It wasn't the best weather for hiking but I tried to make the best of it. I made it back to Hiker Town by the afternoon. I took a shower and washed my clothes. Then I started walking four miles to a little convenience store up the street. 
I got some food and sat for a while. Then Deluxe, a hiker from Luxembourg, came and talked to me. He talked about American politics, which I'm pretty apathetic about, and his experience so far in the States.  After some time it was getting late and dark so I got back on the trail. 
I woke up and started walking. The trail after Hikertown is long, boring and dry. It was very flat and a lot of the trail was a dirt road. There were old rusty cars that were shot up and decaying in the desert heat.

I hiked most of the day and got to a creek. I filtered some water and ate lunch. Then I went up the mountain to find a place to camp. It turned out to be the windiest and coldest camp yet.  I did my best to keep warm and sleep through the night.




No comments:

Post a Comment