Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Power lines and Wrightwood

May 6th, 2015
Canon pass was a really busy area with the I-15 freeway right next to the trail and busy train tracks right next to the trail. I walked pretty far up and I found a place camp set up camp far from the noise of the cars. I lied down and after a while I noticed when the wind died down I heard this crackling sound. I looked up and there are some high-voltage power lines right above me that I didn't notice. After a couple of hours I found out I couldn't sleep with the crackling sound of high power lines above. I figured that it would be best to buy some food at the gas station and just continue on up the trail. So I went to the gas station and bought some food but a gallon of water and then started to make my way up towards the very dry section of the trail. I found a nice place to camp about a mile away from the freeway and by this time it was almost 2 o'clock in the morning. I got into my sleeping bag and drifted off sleep.
I woke up and it was cloudy. I packed up and start heading up the mountain. I was around 1700 feet and today I was hiking the hike up to 8000 feet to get to Wrightwood. It was a nice and cool day for this part of the trail.
By the afternoon I got to the notorious section of this trail that was covered by Poodle-Dog bush. This type of plant is similar to poison oak or poison ivy but looks very different. It looks more like a cross between a cactus and weed. They seem like they grow up to 5 feet tall and looks very strange to me. 
On the section of the trail on the Poodle-Dog bush was all over the place but I tried to avoid it the best as I could and so far no skin rashes. 


I got a to eight thousand feet and then saw the Wrightwood down the mountain about 4 miles down the street steep path. I took the path got down to the city went to a pizza place got some food and then got groceries. I loaded my backpack up with way too much food and headed back up the mountain only to make it a little ways and then set up camp.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment