Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The final stretch

May 5th, 2015
I woke up this morning and saw a great big beautiful lake in front of me surrounded by mountains and trees. I didn't do much to research about the environment or the area and thought that I was going to be hiking in arid desert. From what I was looking at I could have been somewhere in the Sierras. 
 I started hiking around the lake and enjoyed the cool breeze morning breeze. I got around the lake and found a picnic area to refill my water and then headed up the trail. 
My ankles were getting a little bit sore from trail. It was cut out on the side of the mountain following the ridges and it wasn't cut out totally flat. After hiking on a trail that is angled for 50 or so miles your joints start feeling it.
As I got further down the trail I saw a beautiful view of granite mountains in the background. 

By late afternoon is on the final stretch and I was successful in hiking 50 miles in less than two days and made it to McDonald's to charge my phone. As I walked in there was only one outlet by the garbage can but it was good enough. I ordered a lot of food and caught up with everybody. Then worked on my blog for a long time. When it was dark and I went back up the trail to find a place to camp.






No comments:

Post a Comment